Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another day, another post...

Roughly 10 days in now, and my will power is still keeping me going.  I know its still VERY early in the year, but I have a couple of weights to report:

Chris Clements has lost 6 lbs this year
Zach Jahn has lost 5 lbs this year
and as of this morning, I have dropped 7 lbs.

Congrats to us!!!!  Now we just have to keep it off and lose more.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I have managed to not cheat.  Not only have I not had any regular soda, I haven't had any diet soda either, or red bull, or anything else carbonated (besides soda water).  Even more impressive (I think), I have been able to get drunk several times and not cheat.  Also, I haven't had a single cigarette.  I didn't smoke too much before, but not having a cigarette while drinking has been way harder than not eating. 

Tara and I have been making a lot of delicious homemade meals.  We both had our first encounter with cooking pork chops.  Tara baked them with an amazing apple, carrot and cinnamon topping.  They were really good.  We have also made pasta, tacos, and a nice little chicken and rice casserole that Tara made as well.  Homemade cooking is soooo good.  If you don't cook a lot at home, you should.  It's better than eating out.

Tonight Tara is making either Sloppy Joes, Pasta, or the remaining pork chops. 

I have been slacking on the exercise part of the challenge (as expected).  I have only been on two walks.  One was two miles and we traveled up Harding and around the streets back there.  The second was a nice ~ 1 mile walk from my house down to the duck pond and around the drillfield.  Both walks were in the snow and both were very pretty walks.  Tara and I took Bailey of course! 

I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far.  Keep your eyes on the prize!

Brian Palmer
540-588-3781
ishvt@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment