Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So far so good...

     It's almost 4 am on January 5th, 2011.  It's only been 3 days, but I haven't cheated a single time.  The urges are unbelievable.  I had no idea that literally every commercial break there are multiple fast food and pizza commercials.  Despite the urges, I have been successful, however, I have already eaten Chinese and had a burger from Hokie House.  It'll be two weeks until I have those again.  Thankfully, PIZZA is still available. 

     Obviously, my meals have been much better for me since I'm not eating a lot of bad food.  Sunday I had a ham sandwich for lunch and Chinese for dinner.  Monday I didn't have lunch because I woke up late and Tara and I just waited to eat dinner.  We each had a small bowl of Caesar salad, garlic bread, and some lasagna.  As some of you might have noticed, I went out and got drunk that night, and had some yogurt with granola as a late night snack.  I managed to drink the whole night without having any soda (including shooters) and actually I didn't even have any beer.  I was drinking Three Olives Mango vodka with Soda Water and an orange slice.  They are fantastic!  At the end of the night Monday, Joe Gillespie, Scott Joiner and I couldn't really figure out why we smoked cigarettes, so we decided to quit.  Then, we each drew one cigarette from the pack, toasted them together, and sucked em down while shouting the words to the song that was playing in the background, Don McClean's American Pie.  Since I came up with these challenges for 2011, I have wanted to add no-smoking to the list, and our little farewell party was a perfect way to do it.  I'm glad those guys were around to do it with me.  Tuesday, I had an ACC burger from Hokie House with a side salad for lunch, and I made some spaghetti w/ meat sauce for dinner. 

     Ok, now that the boring part is over, it's time to get to the fun part.  Weigh-In's, challenges, and "before" photos.

     I have weighed myself twice this year, once at 262 lbs and once at 260.2 lbs.  Tara and her brother Taylor have agreed in part to do these challenges with me.  Taylor weighed in at 250 lbs and Tara was 129.5 lbs.  We purchased a scale that gives us are BMI and our body water %.  I'm not exactly sure what those two things are but I will find out and keep everyone posted.   The only other person I have a weight for is Zach Jahn and he weighs-in at 281 lbs. 

Challenge Reminder: 

No Fast Food (pizza is acceptable), No Fried Food (chinese is acceptable), No Sodas (diet is acceptable)
Other unhealthy food options (such as pizza, chinese, burgers, etc.) are acceptable, but only once every two weeks.
January's additional Challenge is to not eat any chocolate, sweets, or desserts for the month.
January's exercise Challenge is to walk 7 miles and run 3 miles every week
NO MORE SMOKING!

And now the part we've all been waiting for...
This is a picture of me standing with normal posture.

These two pictures are views from the side.  I am pushing my gut out for effect!  I'm not sure what is going on with my face in either picture.

Here is a delectable picture of my backside.  Notice the lack of hair!
Yep!

Like Daniel Tosh, lets see how many jokes I make about this picture in 20 secs.


#1) Is your head attached to your body backwards.
#2) Didn't you star as Jabba the Hut?
#3) Eddie Murphy's next role, a fat white guy.
#4) Check out the goatee!  
#5) I thought Rosie O'Donnell was dead.
#6) If that's a goiter, it's very Beamer-esque.
#7) I believe its called a dewlap (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewlap)
 
One last thing...I am thinking about adding a feature where you readers can agree to pay a certain amount of money for each pound I lose.  It would be very similar to sponsoring someone in a walk-a-thon.  The money will in turn be donated to our friendly, neighborhood charity, Bike the US for MS.  (www.biketheusforms.org).  I will be talking with Donald Fraser about setting it up, and as always, I will keep you posted.

Brian Palmer
540-588-3781
IshVT@yahoo.com
Thank you to everyone for all of their well-wishes. 

2 comments:

  1. ZOINKS. Start your day with a decent breakfast, it kick starts your metabolism. Don't skip meals either. Along with those two things and drinking a lot more water than usual, I'm down 8lbs thus far. Low fat Zach in '11.
    PS. Sweet pics bra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, yes I know, sweet pics

    ReplyDelete