Thursday, January 20, 2011

Counting down the days of January...

     Still on track...not being able to eat sweets is a lot tougher than I thought.  Chocolate cravings are almost impossible to get rid of.  It makes my mouth water just talking about it!  You know those TV shows you see with babies that have food all over there mouths and shirts and hair?  That is what I am going to do with chocolate on February 1st. 

     I've finally cracked into the sodas and have tried a handful of diet drinks.  Here is what I learned.  Diet Dr. Pepper is overrated.  It has a strong "fake" taste to it at the end.  Diet A&W is pretty good.  Slight "fake" taste, but overall, its pretty good.  Diet Pepsi sucks in anyway except for out of an ice cold can.  Not bad at all if you can find it in a cold can. 

     Food wise...As I said before, Baked Doritos still suck.  Baked Tostitos Scoops are pretty good, pretty much like the real thing.  A friend of mine recommended Baked Cheddar and Sour Cream, but I didnt find them as enticing as he did.  They are ok I guess, not awful, not great.  Baked Cheetos are FANTASTIC..they are just like the real thing. 

     As for meals, I'm pretty sure I am leading the state of Virginia in grains of rice consumed by an individual.  I have at least a cup of rice everyday, sometimes more, and sometimes more than once a day!  It's good though. 

     Still failing miserably in the exercise part of the challenge.  However, my Call of Duty: Black Ops skills have increased as a direct result.  I had 25 kills and only 4 deaths the other day.  Take that PHELPS!  It's not miserably cold or windy tonight, so we may go for a short walk tonight, who knows.

     Tara and I went to the grocery store the other day and I swear everything that is awful for your body was on sale.  Everything from Doritos (basically half off) and Wavy Lay's ($1.00 off) to Nutty Buddies (10 boxes for $10.00, Who would buy 10 boxes of Nutty Buddies you ask? This GUY!!!) and King Size Kit Kat bars ($1.00 each). 

     I am looking for things to give up for February, please post, email me, or facebook any good ideas you might have.  I am thinking of doing cheese, mayo, bacon...stay tuned to find out.

     Official Weight:  252.8 lbs (close to 10 lbs gone in 20 days!)

     Thanks for all the advice, encouragement, and well wishes from everyone, keep them coming, they keep me going!

Brian Palmer
5405883781
ishvt@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. So you've given up on running in-game too and become a corner camper?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo homie, if you want some sort of soda that doesnt have the fake taste and doesn't remind you of a cheap knock off of the real stuff, I suggest Diet Gingerale (made with real gingers...heh heh heh)...but for real...I think the kind I get is Canada Dry...I honestly cant even tell a difference between that and the real stuff...

    Also, Crystal Light has tons of flavors...Raspberry Ice is the shit...Pink Lemonade is good too...

    Green Tea is also a good beverage if you can get used to the taste...it took me about a month before I started liking it, but now I really enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also for chocolate cravings, pick up a Magnesium supplement. I use a Zinc/Magnesium combo before bed every night. I can't remember how much of each is in it, just buy a good brand that doesn't come in a walmart bottle and you'll be straight...this will help your sweet cravings a ton

    Green tea also helps

    ReplyDelete