Friday, February 4, 2011

January has come and gone!

     1/12 of the way through the year and so far so good (minus the exercise part). 

     No blunders so far, but so many urges.  Ollie ordered pizza the Monday night we refelted the upstairs pool tables (they are covered in a sweet new black felt).  He offered me a piece, but I had just had pizza a week earlier.  In my head I said "screw it" and went to reach for a piece, but quickly refrained.  If it wasnt disgusting Pizza Hut I probably would have taken one!

     Tara decided to swing by McDonald's on the way home from Jessie Crockett's birthday party in Radford.  She ever-so-kindly decided to pick me up a sausage mcmuffin and hash brown.  She offered me the McMuffin and I barked back at her, "Uhhh...it's fast food, you know I cant eat it".  She then said, well just eat the hash browns.  (Not only fast food, but FRIED).  

     For those of you who are taking part in anything similar to me, you understand how challenging it is to avoid all of the overwhelming urges to eat crappy food.  It sucks!  McDonald's, Wendy's, and Taco Bell are all so good.  (Anyone else hungry yet?).  But as Ryan Fehr once told me, if you cheat, you are only cheating yourself, and as much as I hate to say that Ryan Fehr is right about something, he is.  Don't succumb to them.  Be strong and stay on the healthy side. 

     In addition to the normal challenge, January was the month to give up chocolate/desserts/candy, etc.  That went surprisingly well.  I didn't have anything in those categories.  Tara and I made cookies after midnight on January 31st though!  February's additional challenge is to stop crappy snacks (baked chips and crap like that) and to try to eat more fruits and vegetables every day. 

     In terms of the exercising, I am going to repeat January's walking/running program, but have a much higher rate of success.  I need to be a little harder (enter "That's what she said" joke here) on myself about getting up and being active.  

     I weighed in at 252.8 pounds this morning which is a little bit over 10 pounds in a month (I can't believe it has been a month already.)  If I wasn't so fat and lazy and could have done any real exercising during this month I probably would have lost close to 20 lbs.  I also have not had a cigarette since January 3rd! 

   All and all I feel like January was a success and was a great beginning to this year of cutting back and losing weight.  I hope everyone else is having a good time with their diets and exercise programs.  Please feel free to post or facebook me your success stories (or failures).

Brian Palmer
IshVT@yahoo.com
540-588-3781

1 comment:

  1. So not only is diet root beer awesome (I can't give up fizzy drinks), thanks for that tip, but I've also discovered that diet cherry 7-up is pretty good too. Plus, thanks to Clements, I picked up a bunch of Sobe Lifewater on sale at Kroger this week. It's really good and has 0 calories and some different vitamins in each flavor. Keep it going Ish. You're inspiring some changes for other people like me who don't have the guts to make the same drastic changes that you are.

    ReplyDelete